Approximately 40% of patients with chronic rhinitis have asthma.
Approximately 80% of patients with asthma suffer with persistent nasal symptoms.
Typical signs and symptoms of rhinitis include:
- Runny nose
- Itchy nose
- Itchy eyes
Determination of the possible triggers can help in eliminating/limiting exposure. We will evaluate you for sensitivities to mold, pet dander, cockroach, and dust mites.
How do we determine this?
- Perform a thorough history
- Review your previous health history and family history
- Determine potential triggers for your symptoms
- Perform a thorough physical exam
- Perform allergy testing if needed
With all of these steps combined, we come up with a thorough plan that works with your lifestyle.