Asthma is a very complex syndrome that needs a physician evaluation. More than 25 million people suffer from asthma in America. That means 7% of adults and 8% of children suffer from this disease. Asthma involves airway inflammation.
Asthma can be triggered by environmental allergens, exercise, viral Infections, and occupational exposures.
How do we determine the next course of action?
- Perform a thorough history
- Review your previous health history and family history
- Perform a thorough physical exam
- Discuss potential triggers
- Perform allergy testing if indicated
- Perform breathing tests: a pulmonary function test and/or FeNO test
- Obtain appropriate laboratory testing
With these steps, we will be able to help identify potential triggers and formulate a plan that works best for your lifestyle. We will use this information to discuss removal of allergens and medications that can help alleviate your symptoms.